So today I removed the headlight buckets and I got to tell you it was a lot harder than i thought it would be...

Despite putting up a good fight I got them out with out damaging anything.
I also scraped out the black tar from the bottom of the bucket.
Next I need to make a new hood seal channel for the bucket-less trunk.

Here you can see I had already removed the sheet metal that used to surround the spare tire when I installed the radiator the first time.
Also you can see the venting holes cut for the radiator air flow.

To replace the heavy pop-ups I am running KC hilites in the foglight holes.
They are not street legal by any stretch of the imagination but neither is the rest of the car so I really don't care.
All I know is they work a lot better than the stockers (and look better too!).

I cut a total of 21.6 pounds by removing the pop-ups and buckets which translates to 3.66 BHP.